F.A.Q.s Topic

Captain Hammer
Professor
Professor
Gender Identity: Prefer not to answer
Sexual Orientation: Prefer not to answer
Preferred Role: Prefer not to answer
Location: I don't know, but its cold and really wet. I'm either in England or the bottom of a lake.
OK to "cold PM?": No

F.A.Q.s Topic

Post by Captain Hammer » Friday August 08, 2014, 02:47 EDT

There's been a few questions I've seen repeatedly asked by users, and its just a teensy bit annoying for everyone to have to keep answering the same questions. So, I decided to make an official FAQ topic, to cover these topics. Right now, there's only three I can think of off the top of my head, but if I become aware of any more frequently asked questions, I'll add them. Also, if possible, other mods and admins may wish to add any as well.

So, common questions and the usual responses.

'How do I tell friends/family about my fetish?'

Short answer: You don't.

Long answer:
To put it bluntly, your friends and family do not want to now what gets your motor running. Think, for a moment, how you'd feel if your sibling, parent, or close friend decided to confide in you about their fetishes, no matter what it is (be it feet, sockpuppets, ponies, whatever floats their boat), would YOU want to know that information? Probably not, and its the same for them.
The only person you should ever think about telling your sexual interests to is your partner/significant other, or a doctor, and only if the former asks about them or you feel they're connected to your current health.

'I like seeing guy wedgies, does this mean I'm gay?'

Short answer: Maybe, but not definitely

Long answer:
To put it simply, your kinks don't necessarily indicate your actual sexual preference.
If you find yourself sexually attracted towards guys getting wedgies, but don't find them attractive when its girls getting them, first ask yourself if you're otherwise attracted to men or women when wedgies aren't in the picture. If so, you'll know your preference based on which (if either, as you could be attracted to both and/or none at all) one you find hot. Think also about which ones you find romantically attracted to; are you in love with anyone at the moment? Do you feel romantically attracted to someone? Have you ever previously been romantically attracted to someone? These can all answer this question, or at least help.

While it may confuse you that you like the sight of guy wedgies, you should take into account these questions, as well as the question of what, exactly, is it you find attractive about the guy's wedgie. As described by JR of Wedgie Babes, Wedgies are a 'sub fetish', as they essentially combine several fetishes in one; Sub/Dom, humiliation, forced exposure, playing with clothing, underwear/panty, and many others all form part of the fetish, and everyone has different reasons for being attracted to them.

'How do I delete my account?'

Short answer: You don't, and stop asking me about it.

Long answer:
This is one that I see more frequently in my PMs than on the board, but it gets posted publicly too.
You can't delete your own account, only admins can do it (like myself, Trek, and Subtle), but to do so, we need to log into the admin section, go to the members section and put in your name, and mark the deletion section. Its tedious and annoying to have to do, and while banning you is a lot easier, its even easier for us if you don't insist on having your account deleted. You can, after all, just not come back. Nothing forces you to use the account, and you can easily just leave. If you're afraid you might want to come back later, why not leave that possibility open? After all, you might really want to come back, and deleting your account will make things harder for you in the long run. If you think having it will tempt you to come back, then you'll just have to refuse to give into temptation.
While I've gladly deleted accounts in the past, I dislike having to go through the process, as its the same one I use against spam bots and it gets really tedious doing it, so I'd rather not have to do it in the future.

And, honestly, don't do the 'I'll just become annoying until you do it' dance some people do, because it doesn't make me want to do what you want, it makes me want to punch you in the throat; also, its just as easy for us to keep your account intact but remove your PM and posting abilities, and I'd rather do that than have to go through the process of deleting stuff. Also, it'd be more fun since not done that before and I'd like to try it out.

So, three most common questions we see, placed as a sticky. If anyone thinks there's any more frequently asked questions, point me towards topics where its been asked so I can get an idea of the answer.
When you message me, please remember not to annoy me. Remember...
Mick
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: F.A.Q.s Topic

Post by Mick » Sunday August 10, 2014, 06:18 EDT

Thanks Awesomest :)

re. people asking to close their accounts, I think it might be because of the "subscription" feature of the board. If you keep getting emails about new posts when you no longer wish to be a part of WH, log into your User Control Panel and click "manage subscriptions". Down the bottom of the page there's a link "Mark All", and then click "Unwatch Marked". Then you won't receive any more unwanted emails about new posts.
Captain Hammer
Professor
Professor
Location: I don't know, but its cold and really wet. I'm either in England or the bottom of a lake.

Post by Captain Hammer » Sunday August 10, 2014, 12:56 EDT

You can also block senders on your email account so you won't get any mail from a certain address either; that's probably easier.
Subtle
Senior
Senior
Gender Identity: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Preferred Role: 70% Nerd
OK to "cold PM?": Yes

Post by Subtle » Sunday August 10, 2014, 23:53 EDT

Good thread. Here's another, perhaps the most frequently asked question:

Q. Are there any girls on here that want to be my Skype slave/buddy (pics/vids a must)?

A. No. Long answer, none that are going to say yes to this kind of request. Short answer, no.
Captain Hammer
Professor
Professor

Post by Captain Hammer » Wednesday August 13, 2014, 15:02 EDT

^Good one.

Another popular question asked mostly through PMs:

'Do you want to be my wedgie slave or wedgie buddy?'

Short answer: Does it look like they do?

Long answer:
Before you ask this, first take a moment to look at their profile, or see what kind of person you're contacting. Do they appear to want to be wedgie slaves? Does their profile indicate asking this would be OK, or does it look like they're really uninterested in this sort of thing? What about their interests, are they marked as a giver, receiver, both, or neither? Does it look like they'd be up for getting wedgies from someone like you? Also, check their age; if they're on the opposite side of 18 than you, than you really shouldn't be sending them messages over this stuff.

And of course, how many times have you asked this person this question? Are you only just asking this, or have you sent them messages in the past over it? Don't remember? Well, maybe check, or make a checklist of people who've said no and keep that list somewhere so you know who not to send these questions to.

If you ask them this once and they say no, then you really should have thought better about how this would end. If you've sent them one or more messages in the past, and they've said no each time? Than that's harassment, and that's report-worthy. Keep doing it, and you might just be banned.

Also know that if anyone does keep sending you messages when you tell them to stop, report those messages; we don't check the report bin every day, but when its brought to our attention and the person is indeed being a creep, than we'll dispense mod-justice and ban hammers when and where needed.
Betternity
Senior
Senior
Gender Identity: Intersex
Sexual Orientation: Queer
Preferred Role: 60% Nerd

Post by Betternity » Wednesday August 13, 2014, 15:05 EDT

Thank you so much for this thread, also lol i read the last sentence as mod- justice ban hammers. would make for an interesting superhero
I like to rp. Feel free to send a pm or kik me. I like getting wedgies but im ok with giving some too generally as long as it's not more than like a 50-50 split dont generally do dares unless you're 18+ and female

Captain Hammer
Professor
Professor

Post by Captain Hammer » Wednesday August 13, 2014, 16:00 EDT

Winter Soldier
Sophomore
Sophomore
Location: Undisclosed weapons facility somewhere in Soviet Russia; and sometimes Dallas, Texas

Post by Winter Soldier » Wednesday August 13, 2014, 19:18 EDT

This needs to be somehow visible on the index page, absolutely every Q and A should be seen.
Captain Hammer
Professor
Professor

Post by Captain Hammer » Wednesday August 13, 2014, 19:55 EDT

I figured it was more fitting to place it in the Questions page, though I can see about maybe finding a way to leave a sticky ghost thread of sorts so it'll stick on top of both sections.

Also, I decided I'm going to use my above Captain Hammer image as my new icon and change my name to match; because everyone else gets to model their identity off of fictional characters, I'm going to do it too.
Rachel
Professor
Professor

Post by Rachel » Sunday August 31, 2014, 19:49 EDT

Also,

"Is it okay if I ask invasive, personal questions via PM to a complete stranger?"

Short answer: no. Long answer: what's wrong with you?
Deleted User 11718

Post by Deleted User 11718 » Monday September 01, 2014, 14:03 EDT

Usually when I get PMs from people it is just the same old boring "will you be my buddy plz?" "you wanna do dares with me?". I've certainly gotten personal questions, but never invasive ones.
Captain Hammer
Professor
Professor

Post by Captain Hammer » Wednesday December 03, 2014, 19:42 EST

Adding a new one to this:

How do I get other people to Wedgie me?

Short answer: Just tell your boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other to do it, and hope they don't find it too weird.

Long answer: To put things as simple as possible, this is a fetish, and its not something you should be indulging in with anyone but a consenting, informed individual who is willing to help you indulge in such, primarily someone you're in a relationship with.
However, if you really just want to get someone to wedgie you, the easiest way is to just sag your pants, give them a few to entice them to do it, or both. You can't make them do it, however, and they're not guaranteed to actually do it, but that's the only way without making it weird.
boxerboywedgie318
Freshman
Freshman

Post by boxerboywedgie318 » Friday July 31, 2015, 02:58 EDT

Hi, I can't find where to change my password. Could you let me know how?
Betternity
Senior
Senior
Gender Identity: Intersex
Sexual Orientation: Queer
Preferred Role: 60% Nerd

Post by Betternity » Friday July 31, 2015, 13:04 EDT

top left of the site ( right under the WH logo ) says user control panel. click that, then go to the profile tab. from there click edit account settings and the rest should be self explanatory
I like to rp. Feel free to send a pm or kik me. I like getting wedgies but im ok with giving some too generally as long as it's not more than like a 50-50 split dont generally do dares unless you're 18+ and female

LittleLizard
Enrolled
Gender Identity: Male
Sexual Orientation: Questioning
Preferred Role: 60% Bully

Post by LittleLizard » Friday September 30, 2016, 03:10 EDT

I don't know if this is a frequently asked question or not, but I keep seeing this underneath the names of some users and I'm sort of curious about it. I sometimes see some users with little pairs of tighty whities or boxer briefs under their usernames, and I was wondering what that indicates, as well as how one goes about acquiring that if possible.
"From an unknown land and through distant skies came a winged warrior. Nothing remained sacred, no one was safe from the Hellion as it uttered its battle cry...Screaming for Vengeance."