New Profile Tab

This is the place to check for rules, updates, and special announcements.
Captain Hammer
Professor
Professor
Gender Identity: Prefer not to answer
Sexual Orientation: Prefer not to answer
Preferred Role: Prefer not to answer
Location: I don't know, but its cold and really wet. I'm either in England or the bottom of a lake.
OK to "cold PM?": No

New Profile Tab

Post by Captain Hammer » Monday January 26, 2015, 14:52 EST

If you look on your profile settings, you'll find a new dropdown tab box you can now fill in. Do so.

Basically, as its been brought to public attention the frequency that some users get unsolicited privately messaged requests from users asking for masters/slaves, buddies, and other such, which can, at times, cross into harassment, I've implemented this new tab as a way to essentially declare beforehand if you want people doing this or not.

If you like to send people messages asking for this kind of stuff, please read this tab in the future beforehand. If the user has agreed to receiving these messages, feel free to message them. However, if they have specified they only want certain messages, only send them those types of messages. And, as should be obvious, if they have specified that they don't want any messages at all, do not send them any.
If the user has not specified an answer on their profile, you should assume that means no and not contact them.

Just so this is clear, it will be considered harassment if you send a request message to someone who has specified they do not want any. Harassment is against the rules, and against the law. If someone sends you one of these messages when you've specified you do not want them, you are completely entitled to reporting their message so they can be dealt with.
You will receive a formal warning if you fail to listen to this. Repeated offenders will be banned.

So this is clear, ignorance will not be considered a valid defence in this regard. If you claim you were unaware of this rule or thee user's request to not be bugged, you will not be given lenience, and will still receive a warning.

If you feel any of this is unfair, please remember what has been noted above: This is a crime. In fact, given the sexual nature of these types of requests, it is, for all intents and purposes, sexual harassment. As you may know, I have a particular distaste towards this kind of behaviour and do not take kindly to it happening.

So, to sum up, only send these types of messages to those who want them. Anyone who doesn't want them should not be messaged, and if you do so anyway, you will be in trouble.

Have a good day.
When you message me, please remember not to annoy me. Remember...
Betternity
Senior
Senior
Gender Identity: Intersex
Sexual Orientation: Queer
Preferred Role: 60% Nerd

Re: New Profile Tab

Post by Betternity » Monday January 26, 2015, 17:54 EST

hellz yeah! also i like the options. Thanks guys
I like to rp. Feel free to send a pm or kik me. I like getting wedgies but im ok with giving some too generally as long as it's not more than like a 50-50 split dont generally do dares unless you're 18+ and female

Thewatcher
Sophomore
Sophomore
Gender Identity: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Preferred Role: 50% Bully/Nerd

Post by Thewatcher » Monday January 26, 2015, 17:57 EST

This is so cool.
izzorz
Junior
Junior
Gender Identity: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Preferred Role: 50% Bully/Nerd
Location: In the closet of your attic, or Michigan, whichever.

Post by izzorz » Tuesday January 27, 2015, 21:39 EST

Finally. Now hopefully the same two people will stop PMing me, good lord.
Always up to making friends and talking about nerdy stuff.
Captain Hammer
Professor
Professor
Location: I don't know, but its cold and really wet. I'm either in England or the bottom of a lake.

Post by Captain Hammer » Wednesday January 28, 2015, 08:58 EST

Like I said, if those two don't stop, just report their messages and they'll be dealt with. If they don't stop after that, well, we'll just stop letting them on the site.
AmonEtzio
Enrolled

Post by AmonEtzio » Friday January 30, 2015, 16:57 EST

But captain what if we don't want buddy slave messages or role play messages. But would like other messages like about stories or just to chat.
Captain Hammer
Professor
Professor

Post by Captain Hammer » Friday January 30, 2015, 17:25 EST

That's why its specified as 'Request PMs' and not just 'PMs'. Obviously, there's no rule against just contacting other users over PMs, because that would be counter-productive and takes away people's privacy, and I'm not interested in doing that. It just specifies that you're giving people consent to send you messages specifically asking for buddies and such.

So, for example, you can still send messages to someone asking about stories they've written, enquiring about their day, or other personal such, but if they've specified against it, you can't, basically, start asking for them to be a wedgie slave for you.
AmonEtzio
Enrolled

Post by AmonEtzio » Saturday January 31, 2015, 00:24 EST

Oh I see. - says the blind man to the deaf mute.

I do understand now though thanks captain
DevilishlyUnearthed
Senior
Senior

Post by DevilishlyUnearthed » Wednesday February 04, 2015, 20:37 EST

This is an absolutely brilliant new tool! thanks so much for implementing it! I swear Every few months the same few people message me the same "want a wedgie buddy" crap.

this is so awesome!!!!
Deleted User 9339

Post by Deleted User 9339 » Thursday July 09, 2015, 00:43 EDT

Maybe we can add one like "Yes, but only regarding dares" or something similar to that?