Ghosts of Wedgies Past, Present, and Future

This is the place to check for rules, updates, and special announcements.
atomicw2003
Sophomore
Sophomore
Gender Identity: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Preferred Role: 50% Bully/Nerd
OK to "cold PM?": No

Re: Ghosts of Wedgies Past, Present, and Future

Post by atomicw2003 » Sunday December 31, 2017, 12:52 EST

As my name implies, I’ve had a formal digital wedgie presence since 2003. (I’m 30 - sounds super weird to say that, lol) Before being engaged, this group helped me meet a ton of guys who I ended up having in person Wedgie sessions with. Many of those guys have also grown up and are in relationships or have in general grown out of engaging in wedgies as they did in the past.

I feel that Instagram and YouTube and even wedgie kink specific sites are flooded with female wedgie content. Tumblr is easier to navigate in just getting male wedgie content, part of the reason I created my Tumblr Blog AwesomeWedgies. However, I do enjoy something not related to social media that is specifically focused on wedgies happening to men. (Via the categories created in the threads) I sometimes come here and find out about a new video or image that I hadn’t seen prior.

I wish there were more non-self wedgies. Although those are great and end up the life blood, it’s just nice to see someone getting a wedgie from another person. I know that lots of buddy requests happen on Tumblr, but I don’t know how many actually ever happen. Also, so many people post images or videos and don’t give an original source back to it, so I know I’ve used the group to help find clips and such based on things that are posted.

Those are some of my initial thoughts. I would hate for the group to die out, but I have also noticed a decrease in images being shared.
Darkness
Senior
Senior
Preferred Role: 100% Nerd (Receiver)

Post by Darkness » Sunday December 31, 2017, 13:57 EST

On my instagram, it's all male content and I use hashtags to make it easier to find male content
I am the darkness
I'm a bad boy that deserves to get wedgies from cute men
Deleted User 21243

Post by Deleted User 21243 » Sunday December 31, 2017, 14:40 EST

Well hasn't this site got new competition with that Wedgie World app?
Wedgietwitch1993
Enrolled
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
OK to "cold PM?": Yes

Post by Wedgietwitch1993 » Sunday December 31, 2017, 14:56 EST

6ggh wrote:
Sunday December 31, 2017, 14:40 EST
Hmm; interesting, just seen that on the store. Is it any good?
Darkness
Senior
Senior

Post by Darkness » Sunday December 31, 2017, 15:19 EST

I haven't found a app by the name....
I am the darkness
atomicw2003
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by atomicw2003 » Monday January 01, 2018, 14:35 EST

Darkness wrote:
Sunday December 31, 2017, 13:57 EST
On my instagram, it's all male content and I use hashtags to make it easier to find male content
I can see male wedgies on instagram, but most of the content are people reposting images that have been seen before or video clips wothout not sharing information on how to find the original clips.

And when you search for wedgie overall, the search is flooded with female wedgies. You aren’t the savior of the male wedgie community.....
Deleted User 21243

Post by Deleted User 21243 » Monday January 01, 2018, 16:20 EST

Wedgietwitch1993 wrote:
Sunday December 31, 2017, 14:56 EST
6ggh wrote:
Sunday December 31, 2017, 14:40 EST
Hmm; interesting, just seen that on the store. Is it any good?
Yeah it's worth a go, it has some Ok features but it isn't that developed yet, it needs some time and more users!
Kevin
Senior
Senior
Sexual Orientation: Prefer not to answer
Preferred Role: Prefer not to answer

Post by Kevin » Monday January 01, 2018, 19:09 EST

For me, one of the greatest problems the site faces is that it doesn't actually put itself out there. Because Instagram and Tumblr are well-established media sharing platforms, people go there before they 'google' anything else. If WH were to 'push' itself, proverbially, and continually make posts on the other media platforms where wedgie-fetish content is posted, such as Instagram/Tumblr, we'd likely get more members. In my time on Instagram, I've found quite a few people who simply had no idea the site existed.

Many others also leave simply because they're too young to join the site. Thats a matter of legality, and I can assure you I understand your reasonings for it [I've run several very large forums, communities, and gaming groups myself in the past few years]. Unfortunately, the 'younger' kids tend to be the onest most interested in joining communities like this. Searching for a sense of acceptance, being one of a 'group' and not an outcast, and... frankly being a horny little shit will draw you to wherever you can go.

Secondly, as a note for the site itself, I think it needs to be updated/changed in its appearance. The casual blue/white forum look may have been acceptable in 2009, but when I go looking for sites with relation to anything from appliance repair to anything else, a sure sign of a 'dead forum' to me is that it still uses the default, pre-2010 layout. The vast majority of competition that exists, for example, the 'wedgie world' app that others mentioned before, seeks to profit from WH's inability to 'keep with the times'.

For that very reason, the chances of keeping WH afloat [if not doing well] is the fact that WH (and, by connection, you Trek) have the entire history of the WH community here, including everything from before 2009 and the archive before that. If you had a way to link to the previous iterations of the site as well, that would prove extremely useful. People have tendencies to not want to join 'new' places: they seek their old, established places. If you can push people towards that, you'll be doing much better.

If you modernized the site, even visually using a platform like xenforo, I think more people would be drawn to it. Combine that with purposefully putting the site's name out there on tumblr, instagram, and other platforms, and urge more users to post and collect here, and you'll do alright. I used Xenforo more than any other forum design and its absolutely wonderful, though the xenforo liscence can be a bit expensive (about $100/year) for a site you don't make money off of. Perhaps a Gallery section as well, such as what Saggerworld has, would be of assistance as well.

Do NOT make it so that posts have to be approved before they're made public. I can GUARENTEE YOU, from over a decade of forum hosting myself, that is the FIRST and FASTEST way to kill a forum. People will flock away like seagulls from a fire if you force them to wait, and it will KILL RPing done through the forum sections. You likely also don't have enough active staff to run a forum that requires that. I ran a forum dedicated to a gaming-community with over 20 staff members and 400 members online at any given time, and that would never have been enough to handle the load. Its appealing, but don't do it, just rely on reports.

An app is almost necessary anymore: the vast majority of people do their 'searching' of fetish-related things through their phone. Gone are the days of people sitting down late at night, after their parents went to bed or locked their door, to go through the wedgie-fetish forum. People will be immediately drawn back to WH if they have an app they can just download and install.

Finally, because I feel required to defend myself: As a member of the 'clique' that you mentioned, I will agree, the golden days are long gone. For all the flack that we got for 'monopolizing' the chatbox, I will say that for me, it gave the site a semblance of activity amongst everything going on. I also realized, and worked through, my sexuality with those people, amongst other problems.

TL;DR -
1. The site doesn't make itself known. Try and advertise it on Instagram/Tumblr/Luckyfetish.
2. The site 'looks' old, therefore it 'feels' old, therefore people think its dead.
3. The site suffers from the fact that we don't allow younger people to join anymore, many of whom were key when we were 'thriving' in the old days. I joined WH in like 2005, and I can guarentee you I wasn't even 15.
4. You've got over a decade of wedgie-related stuff here. When people find out about it, they tend to go crazy and start digging. Its a huge plus.
5. Do NOT change the system to require approval to post.
6. An APP would go a long way to improve our standing and outreach.
7. Sorry for filling the chatbox up so much 8 years ago...but not sorry, haha.

Don't back down!
Last edited by Kevin on Monday January 01, 2018, 19:30 EST, edited 1 time in total.
Darkness
Senior
Senior

Post by Darkness » Monday January 01, 2018, 19:28 EST

atomicw2003 wrote:
Monday January 01, 2018, 14:35 EST
Darkness wrote:
Sunday December 31, 2017, 13:57 EST
I can see male wedgies on instagram, but most of the content are people reposting images that have been seen before or video clips wothout not sharing information on how to find the original clips.

And when you search for wedgie overall, the search is flooded with female wedgies. You aren’t the savior of the male wedgie community.....
Well, I definitely noticed the same thing
I am the darkness
Pseudonym
Enrolled

Post by Pseudonym » Friday January 05, 2018, 10:13 EST

Rather than post in other places criticizing the site and the management of it, I figured posting here would be more beneficial, given this thread kind of has been a recommendation list.

So...the white is a little too white. I know nothing about doing layout for a website or what it entails, but if there's a way to have the background be white with kind of a page layout in the middle with a white border on the sides, that'd be neat. Look at the GetDare website if you can't imagine the page layout. Y'all can either do white as the background with the "page" colored or do the background colored/patterned with the "page" white. On my laptop, the white fills the screen, as big as I make it, and it's not the most aesthetically pleasing. I would definitely recommend some kind of header on the top, as opposed to the ovular picture with the letters over it. Just a rectangle with some kind of design and the words Wedgie Haven in a simple font, not comic sans because fuck that, that looks neat and isn't busy. I get the current logo was made for discretion, but like, maybe not open this website in the middle of a crowd or with your family near by if you don't want someone to see.

I, personally, have never liked the high school themed areas of the site. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but it's almost as if a group of adults sat down in a meeting and brainstormed ideas to seem hip and with it and it's honestly a little cringeworthy. It's not fun or cute or haha I'm a nerd. I'm really sorry, Frank, but God damn. Keep it simple and straight forward:
  • Office of the Deans could simply become Announcements and Suggestions
  • Department of Athletics could become General Discussions
  • Visual Arts could become Media
  • Department of Language Arts could become Literature
  • Recreation could become Social Interactions
  • Health and Relaxation could become Everyday Discussions
  • And then the Locker Room and Nurses' Office would become not that
The last thing I have an opinion on is the color. The blue looks worn out. The previous blue was too bright and cartoonish. I would recommend something deeper/ richer, whether you stick with the blue or go green, but probably not red because that's aggressive. I'd say go with chunkier wording for the different areas so your eye is drawn there, but still keeping the font simple and not block letter. The subcategories could benefit from a bolder font, but not taking away from the categories.

It's hard to make a site look aesthetically pleasing when there aren't photos on it and it's just boards that you can click through. I get that, really I do. It's just too much white right now and previously it looked too retro.
feeling the aster
Senior
Senior
Preferred Role: 60% Bully

Post by feeling the aster » Friday January 05, 2018, 14:17 EST

Yeah I agree with the high school thing, I very much perfered it before it was revamped.

I am Imfeeling22 from the last site
Red X
Enrolled

Post by Red X » Friday January 05, 2018, 15:15 EST

Can we go back to the blue, at least until you figure out something else? Seriously this white is just horrid. I have to dim my screen just to be able to read things on this site now.
skinny guy
Freshman
Freshman

Post by skinny guy » Saturday January 06, 2018, 00:08 EST

could not agree more, a darker color is better. There is a reason NO ONE uses white theme on discord

edit NO ONE and grammar
Last edited by skinny guy on Saturday January 06, 2018, 19:08 EST, edited 2 times in total.
Trekboy008
Dean
Dean
Preferred Role: 70% Nerd

Post by Trekboy008 » Saturday January 06, 2018, 10:16 EST

Everyone should now have the option in their user control panel to change back to the old style (Classic).
skinny guy
Freshman
Freshman

Post by skinny guy » Saturday January 06, 2018, 19:09 EST

thankyou so much, i <3 u 4eva